Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Ramadan 2016-What's new in the shoe.

So as you all know by now I have MS. Alhumdullilah though, I've been able to fast. I recently read an article about a woman who couldn't. MS is a tricky disease it presents differently in different people and it fluctuates in different ways too. Everyone needs to take their own situation into consideration and of course consult their doctor if necessary. Lots of non-Muslim doctors have a knee-jerk reaction to fasting in general so you might want to consider asking a Muslim doctor.

Another great piece of news is that I have started a new dawah initiative; spreading Islam through my Little Free Library. I got this idea 2 years ago and then commissioned a carpenter to do it last year but it took a year for it to get done due to his unforeseen complications. Alhumdullilah its done in time for Ramadan this year and I am so grateful and just tickled pink. Yes its pink :)

A few years ago I gave out boxes for Ramadan in order to do dawah and this year my teenage daughter wanted to do it again so from her own funds she has gone out and purchased more supplies to make it happen again insha Allah.

I've also set up a convert iftar again for the 3rd year in a row. May this help the converts to feel included and helped with our new welcome boxes. (New Muslim Care). 

What's new for you this Ramadan?

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting blog post, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog.
    muslim women

    ReplyDelete