Thursday, February 16, 2012

Yo Bro Where's your Mo

By mo I mean mustache. I don't get it. What's with the new trend of brothers not having a mustache? I know from hadith that Prophet Muhammad (saw) said the Jews only have a beard and the Christians only have a mustache so be different from them and have both. I also know he(saw) told Muslim men to trim their beard. Trim means to keep it short not cut it off. So I am confused. Is this a new sect in Islam? I asked my daughter and she said maybe they can't grow one. That sounds odd to me because in that case wouldn't they have trouble growing a beard as well? Is there anyone who can explain this new trend to me? Its even turning up in kids story books ie Nabeel's New Pants. I must have missed the memo on this one but then again I'm not a guy.

1 comment:

  1. Many brothers are no longer sporting mo. Their take is somewhat similar to the sisters without hijab. It is, to what they perceive, as a choice.

    ReplyDelete