Sunday, January 13, 2013

What are you reading?

So this January I have read a little of my book club book but I've mostly been reading two other books which in fact I've finished. The first one is Reclaim Your Heart by Yasmin Mogahed who I have heard speak live twice; once at the Being Me conference and the second time at RIS. The first time her book sold out before I could get my hands on it and the second time she did not confirm if she would be selling her book at RIS so I ordered it right beforehand and then voila she ends up selling them and signing them and my copy got to my house while I was at the conference which of course was out of town. The second book I read was Bringing Up Bebe which is about the differences between American parenting and French parenting and the author chose this topic since she had chosen to settle in Paris with her husband. This book is so easy to read and is written so well that you wish she could just keep going. I realized when reading this book that I am a blend of both types of parents and maybe that's because I'm French Canadian but also Irish and Scottish Canadian? I don't know. These books are both great in their own way. The first one will bring you closer to Allah and the second will help you see how others parent their kids and see what you can use or ignore. So whatcha reading? As my 3 yr old says..."share,share, share."

On a sad note the author of the Echoes series;Linda Jamilah Kolocotronis, has passed away. I have no details but her books meant a lot to my family as they were about converts like my son and daughter and I and most recently my daughter-in-law. She herself was a convert as well. Inna ilaihi wa inna ilaihi rajiun. May Allah forgive her sins and grant her jannah. Amin.You can find her books here.

1 comment:

  1. I am now reading A Thousand Farewells by Nahlah Ayed.

    ReplyDelete