Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Malaysia - Part 3

Oh...the bumpy boat ride. It was like a horrible roller coaster for me. It threw you high in the sky and then you came crashing down on your uncushioned boat seat. Pain was a constant friend for almost the entire boat ride. Hubby said he felt that way too but the kids seemed just fine and were shrieking with joy while I did so in pain. The few other passengers were stoic and looked at us like we were weirdos. Back in Canada a friend told me we must have taken the fast boat (took an hour to get to the island) instead of the nice slow boat. Turns out she was right and the quick boat was cheaper. Had I known Malay I would have realized we had a better choice! So much for that. Then there was the difficulty of getting out of  the boat to the jetty especially with my leg troubles. Once we got to the island though,oh joy , oh bliss. I thought this is like Paradise and the trip was like dunia and I don't ever want to leave Perhentian Island.

3 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful! What a great experience for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masha Allah.

    My kids corrected me and said yes the seats did have cushions but they weren't great ones. I have no recollection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow very nice, with hardship comes ease eh ;)

    ReplyDelete