Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Homeschooling and books I'm reading.

Well my son started homeschooling this week and I think the book I mentioned before is not quite challenging enough for him and he completes the work quite quickly. The book is in English and not offered in French so I am worried about him losing his French skills as he has always gone to French school except for the time he homeschooled before. I'm thinking of supplementing his work with French material from the library.

Remember when I had a book club? Seems so long ago. So what have you been reading? Right now I am reading Lost History which I had to get through interlibrary loan. It was recommended to me by one of my blog readers. I've also been reading various books by Malcolm Gladwell; an author who has such interesting book topics. Also The Sealed Nectar was gifted to me and it goes quite well with reading Lost History.

1 comment:

  1. Assalamu Alaikum oh ya forgot about the French part, that's difficult when homeschooling. I also found those curriculum books to be not enough, also does not cover everything outlined in the Ontario Curriculum.

    ReplyDelete