Friday, September 16, 2011

How old is the old woman?

Funny story, the other day during Ramadan we were doing another dawah dinner at the mosque. This time it was to tell non-Muslims about Ramadan. While talking to one Christian woman she said I didn't look a day over 25 which sure made my day. But then things came crashing down recently when my daughter told me that the drug store cashier was asking if I was a senior citizen which for that store means 55 and above. What? My goodness. So I asked her about it and she said she thought since I had so many kids that maybe I was.I told her well my mother is a senior citizen but not me. In fact folks I'm not even a baby boomer! Well the cashier did say I didn't look 55 only that she thought I might be. Guess the stereotype is thriving...lots of kids equals old woman.  So why did I pick this blog name then? Well its because of the second line in the poem: She had so many children she didn't know what to do!

4 comments:

  1. Me too, people always says that I don't look my age. Does it matter really? Maybe if you measure life experiences with it and compare your achievements then it does matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visist www.dapurcomelku.blogspot.com for Malay recipes. You could also visit www.daridapurmina.blogspot.com. Hope this would help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL . . . these stories that you post, they are a proof that we are all humans . . . imperfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Black Jubah...sadly these websites are in malay :(

    Umm Sayang yes that's one way of looking at it.

    ReplyDelete