Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Family Day

Yesterday was Family Day and we spent it in many ways. Dh and the kids played Monopoly while I made ginger molasses cookies. I tried them at Tim Horton's but they are no longer available so I had to resort to finding a similar recipe and making them myself. They turned out really good but Tim's are still better. Then we went out sledding on the nearby hill including dd5 who I pulled in her little sled. Ds2 also taught me how to make a power point for some dawah I've been asked to do. All in all a great day for the family masha Allah.

2 comments:

  1. Salam alaykom,

    Mashallah sounded like a real fun time. I think it is really great that you have family days. Mashallah, helps to reconnect the family after a busy week of routines? Inshallah everyone enjoyed those cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa Alaikum salaam

    Actually its a national yearly holiday that they just created a few years ago. They did enjoy the cookies and guess what after that I found them at Tim Horton's again!

    ReplyDelete