Friday, February 11, 2011

Did Hijab Cost This Woman Her Job?

I rarely buy newspapers since the internet has tons of news anyway but that title in the Toronto Star caught my eye and I had to buy it and read the story. I can relate to the woman in one way because when I first converted I couldn't get a job at all with hijab but at least she did get one. As for me I got a job without one then put it back on, for that I was treated with contempt and hidden in the back room and told that I had decieved them and that it was the wrong impression I was giving to people since they believed in woman's rights basically. I never fought the issue since it was only a contract job and I had a lot of other things on my plate but I'm glad to see this woman is not taking it sitting down especially since no one can accuse her of deception like they did me. So read it and find out

Did Hijab Cost Her, Her Job?

2 comments:

  1. I saw this on the news last night actually. I just don't understand why it affects them so much what she wears...I mean really they are fixing someone else's hair...I don't care if my stylist wears a scarf or a hat or is bald - now there's something...would they fire some one bald? Anyway...I'm surprise at all this...I've gone to a trade secrets in mississauga (ontario) and there was a woman there in a scarf....has been there for quite a while. Seems it is just that branch that is being a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's really funny is she just does makeup, she's not even the hairdresser. They just like things to look good, another example of treating women like objects. It is an odd profession for a muslim though.

    ReplyDelete