Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Normal Gets You Nowhere

When I saw this book at the library on the new book shelf and started to read it, I just knew I had to get it. I mean look at the title! I've always been a rebel! Even though this book is not something I would suggest to a muslim as there is swearing and some haram stuff, if I could black all that out then I would. So many of the things she says in this book resonate with me even though she believes in something called The Mother and not a mainstream religion. For example she decided to tell her daughter the truth about holidays ie there is no Santa Claus, no tooth fairy, no Easter bunny. I have never met anyone like this. When I had my first two kids when I was still Christian I told them the truth too but told them not to tell the kids at school as their parents would spazz. I don't know what she thinks about Islam or muslims as she never mentions that in her book and maybe she wouldn't like me a bit but I feel like we have so much in common and that she snuck inside my brain. I never meet people like her and I wonder how many people feel like us but never say it.

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome. I don't condone many of the things she says but she does have an important message I think.

    ReplyDelete