Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Books on Cd

Got no time to read? Try books on cd. I like to listen to them as I fold my clothes and with all these kids I have a ton of clothes to fold. The last title I listened to was recommended by my mother. Its Half Broke Horses and written by the same author as The Glass Castle which I had read before. This is the story of the author's grandmother this time and was very interesting to see how different she was from the author's mother in The Glass Castle. Her grandmother was a person who could really take the bull by its horns! Now I am listening to The Outliers which explains how successful people become that way. The author proves with research that the rags to riches stories are just myths and its more about who you know than what you know and your environment and upbringing and other factors. I've always suspected that and its nice to have my thoughts corroborated with facts. My 20 yr old daughter is getting a kick out of listening to it with me and discussing it as we go through. She can really relate to some parts like the guy in University that no one will listen to. I highly recommend these two books.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever listened to a book on cd.. unless cinderella counts :) .... and can't imagine it.. :/ ...
    ...I should try it one day

    Hope all is well at your end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asalaamu Alaikum

    lol that brought back memories of listening to stories on records! Yeah try it, its fun.

    ReplyDelete