Friday, June 29, 2012

Loneliness Khutbah

Today at Jumuah prayer the khutbah was about Loneliness. In fact the first word he said was loneliness. Oh I thought they are finally going to talk about how all the ethnic  groups shun one another and especially the converts. Why do I always get my hopes up? Instead it was about the loneliness of the religious students and how they should be grateful for the opportunity and how they should see the place as a fortress. So wait, the khutbah was only for them? I can understand how they needed a shot of iman in the arm but what about for the rest of us? What was the take home message? Should I consider my house as a fortress and just stop being lonely and be grateful for what? No islamic education at home? Of course this khutbah didn't apply to me and I went home feeling emptier than usual. May Allah rectify my situation and all the lonely Muslims in the world. Amin.

3 comments:

  1. Salaam,
    Dear sister, Allah is always with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa Alaikum salaam

    Alhumdullilah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand your post! Many born muslims don't realise how hard it is for us reverts - It is sometimes impossible to meet with other muslimahs because they don't like to mix with outsiders - I wish more emphasis was given for this loneliness that reverts have.

    ReplyDelete