Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Family Day

Yesterday was Family Day in Canada and hence a long weekend. We took advantage of it and went to visit my daughter (handmade beginnings) and son-in-law and my granddaughter. The kids had a blast playing with their niece and my son decided to do some embroidery with the help of his sister; you can see it here. My kids kept busy during the long trip with these crayons wallets from my daughter's shop. While my dh and s-i-l caught up my daughter and I slipped out for some ice cream and shopping. We rarely get to be alone just the two of us so it was nice. I also saw that my daughter was selling some cookbooks for charity so I picked up some of those too. Stay posted as I will be offering one as a giveaway. Curriculum binders for grade 5 were also something that my daughter had picked up for me and they were very appreciated. Alhumdulillah it was a wonderful, productive visit. Hope all you Canadians had a great Family Day.

3 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum C.

    It's nice to have one special day for the family. Family day must be an official holiday over there, I like that. Even though there's no such holiday here, we usually have Friday as our family day where everyone come to my mom's house for a visit. Really wonderful!
    Thanks for the link to handmade beginnings, I really like the blog and already followed it. Is it you daughter's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa Alaikum salaam

    Its a new holiday here. I remember Friday in KB when all the guys would go to the masjid and the village would become so quiet. Yes handmade beginnings is my oldest daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamu Alaikum

    Alhumdulillah it was fun!! we should do it more often :D

    ReplyDelete