Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Fake Book

No its not a spelling mistake but what it should be called. When my kids first told me to join facebook I thought it was stupid but went against my gut instinct and joined. I found lots of old classmates and relatives I'd never been in contact with and also some family members and acquaintances. I use it for dawah mostly and to keep up to date with islamic events but I also really wanted to use it as a social tool. Isn't it called social networking? But soon I found out that the relationships are really fake. No one actually wants to know you in real life. They don't want to call or visit you or viceversa. What they want is entertainment. They want to watch your life the way they do tv. I'm going to be leaving facebook because its a virtual world which will never morph into a real world. Its sad but adios fakebook. With this blog I can write out my thoughts and keep a history of things and if no one reads it or wants to know me then it doesn't really matter because this is for me. I found a lovely article that I'd like to share with you here.

3 comments:

  1. Assalamu Alaikum,

    Yeah good name for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree and for similar reasons I decided to close my facebook account. Annoying though that you can only disable it and not delete it completely. :/

    ReplyDelete