Saturday, March 26, 2011

Curry Puff Daddy Strikes again!

This year for Multicultural Awareness night at my son's school dh made curry puffs again. My daughter who usually has the booth is now in University so she missed out this year. My son is in grade 9 so it now falls to him to keep the tradition going. I wasn't able to make it this year either as I had my last day of cake decorating class. Jemput-jemput (banana puffs) and fried rice were also available this year. I didn't have time to make pandan cake sadly. The other Malaysian booth that was there last year didn't show up this time. Ds3 had to babysit so he wasn't too happy about missing the night either. Insha Allah next year things will go at little differently.

8 comments:

  1. Salam alaykom,

    The food look so delicious! I have a recipe for those banana puff (from a multicultural cookbook), are they tasty? They sound interesting!

    Inshallah next year you can all enjoy the night and every can be there :)

    So where is the Canadian food for your culture...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa alaikum salaam

    I have the recipes from last year here on my blog too. They are good, I love them.

    As for Canadian food well there usually is a French Canadian booth that my kids' school has where they sell tarte a sucre (sugar pies). I guess they should sell poutine (fries with gravy and cheese curds) too but they don't or tourtiere (meat pie). I have made tourtiere before though for eid. My grandmother used to make that for Christmas.

    I'm also Irish but I hate stew, lol. Scottish too and Ojibway. To tell you the truth our cultures aren't passed down very well here in Canada..its a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam alaykom,

    I will have a look thru your blog then and see if it is the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://oldmuslimwomanintheshoe.blogspot.com/2010/04/requested-recipe-jemput-pisang-banana.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm curry puffs! I forgot about those.. I need the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The recipe is right above your post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol meet the real "Curry Puff Daddy" ... www.currypuffdaddy.com
    www.youtube.com/currypuffdaddy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my lord you must have thought there was a poser out there. I seriously hope you are not a Muslim because that video is so haram and so sexist.

    ReplyDelete