Thursday, March 3, 2011

Boy From Makkah and Isabella

My 10 yr old son read A Boy From Makkah and enjoyed it. Its story about a boy who learns to read quran from a woman who later becomes ill. He also enjoyed the Meat Eating Vegetarian. My 11 yr old daughter read half of Isabella and said it was really boring. I looked at it and it seems like an adult book more than a kid's book. My 12 yr old son read Ahmed Deen and the Jinn at Shaolin and LOVED it! I have two more islamic books for them to read; Layla Deen  and the Popularity Contest and The Visitors. I'll let you know if they liked them insha Allah. All these books were suggested to me by Ummah Reads.

1 comment:

  1. My daughter has finished Isabella (no I didn't force her) and her comments were that is was cheesy and she didn't expect the ending to be the way it was. She is refusing to read Layla Deen though or The Visitors. Maybe she will change her mind, I never thought she would even finish Isabella. What are your tweens reading?

    ReplyDelete