Sunday, July 19, 2009

Book Dreams

I have my eye on some great new books. A muslim fictional book series which has caught my eye is the one by Jamilah Kolocotronis. They include Echoes, Rebounding and Turbulence. I am also looking forward to reading the 4th in the series by Umm Zakiyah called Realities of Submission which rounds out her other 3 titles of Footsteps, If I Should Speak and A Voice. From the author of From My Sister's Lips comes From Somalia with Love about a teenager in the UK. I would also like to read Love in a Headscarf but can't seem to get my hands on it. There are also two new books in the Life is an Open Secret series which include You, Me and We and Ramadan Special. I still haven't found the Ramadan one yet in North America but you can order it online from the author. For motivation and inspiration I would like to pick up Heba's book Release Your Inner Queen of Sheba (read her blog by checking the link on my site). Brick Lane by Monica Ali has been recommended to me and I've ordered it from my public library. Today I got an email with Amazon recommending the book 10 Things I Hate about Me by the same author that wrote Does My Head Look Big in This? Its also about a teen and she trying to hide her muslim identity by going by the name of Jamie instead of Jamilah and dying her hair blond and wearing blue contact lenses. Looks interesting. So what's on your summer reading list? (at the end of August it better be the whole Quran..ramadan is coming up but of course never to be neglected at other times either).

5 comments:

  1. subhanallah!u make me want to go around looking for all this books!-even though i know i cant find it here in nigeria!.but i love ur blog.just started following it yesterday.i wud love to c ur library.salamu alaiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asalaamu Alaikum Aysha

    What titles are you reading in Nigeria? I love that you love my blog! Guess I'll take a picture of my little library one of these days insha Allah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :).. I saw Realities of Submission at soundvision but I wasn't sure if you ordered it already, otherwise I would've gotten it.. I was soo tempted but I wanted to make sure first.. so did you order it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I've already ordered that one and it should be coming any day now insha Allah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just revisiting this post..I've read everything here. My new book dreams are all the new book of the month club picks :)

    ReplyDelete