Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Book Recommendations

From blogs,facebook,amazon and even the ISNA conference last year I have been getting ideas about different books to read. I wish I hadn't passed up the opportunity to buy Amusing Ourselves to Death by Neil Postman at the conference last year because I can't find it at my library now. Amazon suggested Tasting the Sky : A Palestinian Childhood by Ibtisam Barakat. A blog I came across had Rice Mother by Rani Manicka and is set in Malaysia my husband's country. Finally from facebook an author did a book review of this new book called Dirt: The Quirks, Habits and Passions of Keeping House. So many books, so little time..sigh....What's on your recommended reading list?

2 comments:

  1. Oh no I just found another book from someone's blog. The Gift by Zaipah Ibrahim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm..this one is out of stock, can't get my hands on it. Love in a headscarf is only available in the UK. Insha Allah these books will be available soon in Canada.

    ReplyDelete