Monday, January 16, 2012

Making the Sunnah Fard.

I'm no scholar but last time I checked doing extra things like sunnah prayers is not fard. Its getting a little tiresome to hear people telling me that I have to do something that is supposed to be an extra thing that you do from your heart for extra reward and making into something compulsory that I should be ashamed of not doing. Last time I checked there are 5 daily prayers. Five! Got that? I'm happy praying my five daily prayers. If I am so inclined I will add more or maybe not. There are 5 pillars in Islam and there are 5 daily prayers. No one would dare to say that there are extra pillars that are mandatory so why say that about prayers. What's next? Umrah is compulsory? Its really starting to get uncomfortable and making what I do like about islam (ie learning quran) start to feel like a chore. Anyone else been through this?

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. There are some bent on forcing,pushing, even making it seem like e fard. Really sad because as you mentioned, it has to be from the heart and for the sake of Allah and not because we want someone else to mention my name amongst those that do sunnah prayers and duas.

    Allah knows our hearts and we shouldn't have to prove our faiths to other people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete