Monday, January 31, 2011

Paradise

We all the know the hadith about paradise being at the feet of your mother. Well yesterday was a chance to see if the kids really knew that. I've been having circulation problems in my legs and both feet for about 2 months now. The doctor can't figure out why, blood tests are inconclusive and my appt with a neuroligist is not for another 2 months. Yesterday to make things worse I dropped a plate on my foot. I was in so much pain, you would think a foot without much circulation would be completely numb. As I was screaming as I have a low pain threshold the kids just stood around and asked if I was ok. But one son (ds3) told his brother to get me a chair and he came and hugged me. It meant so much to me and really shows the meaning of that hadith. Dh asked me if I was bleeding and I checked and I was and hadn't even known it, no wonder it hurt so much. I called my son to get me a bandaid and he got it right away. So what was the plate for? It was for some fig bread my mother had brought. I just wanted to get a slice and then dropped it on my foot. I traded my mom some milk bags for her church project of making mats for homeless people. I had collected 118 bags between me and my daughter with the majority being mine. Lots of kids equals lots of bags. What have you done for your mom lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment