Monday, April 9, 2012

What I'm reading right now.

I've been reading some very interesting books lately. One is for the book club but later on this year but I grabbed it since my library had it. Its called The Sweetness of Tears and I'm really enjoying it. Another one I'm reading is Ru which is about a Vietnamese refugee otherwise known as boat people who escaped from Vietnam and ended up in the camp in Malaysia and then finally onto Canada in Quebec. I just had to read this one since my ex followed almost the same course only landing in Ontario, marrying me and having two kids. The third book I'm reading is one dd2 lent me called Unplanned. This book is disturbing but well written and hard to put down except at the parts that overwhelm me.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting, I've been looking for some good books to read for a while.. might give them a try.

    Salam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa alaikum salaam

    I just finished Unplanned. Great book. Let me know if you read any and what you thought insha Allah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read The Butterfly Mosque? Also about an American convert to Islam, she married an Egyptian. Lovely book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes we read it for my book club here on my blog in 2010. Here is the link.

    http://oldmuslimwomanintheshoe.blogspot.ca/2010/09/butterfly-mosque-last-day.html

    ReplyDelete