Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ramadan Day 10

Everyone got up for suhoor today but not everyone lasted throughout the day. We were travelling to go get our monthly halal meat supply. The day was so humid and ds3 and ds4 caved and broke their fast. I saw a lot of muslim women there as usual and gave them my salaams. Some of them looked pretty surprised. One of the signs of the end of the world is that muslims will only give salaams to people they know. I don't want to hasten on the end times, no thanks. Before travelling I fit in some practice of ayat al kursi. On the way I got the whole family to listen to Muhammad Al Shareef's lecture: When Wolves Become Shepherds. Dh thoroughly enjoyed it; he thought it was funny. This was my second time to listen to it but it was still beneficial. Besides buying halal meat I also stopped by a friend's house to offer my condolences as her mother has recently passed away. Inna ilaihi wa inna ilaihi rajiun. Then we went to the newly refurbished mosque. Masha Allah it is very spacious now and so updated. The wudu area is separate from the washroom area and I was happy there was a change table on the wall. Upstairs in the prayer area the carpets are blue and red but I got distracted while praying because some of the designs look like pizza to me; round with triangles inside. Later I thought, poor fasting people, if they have to look at that. I also thought of how Prophet Muhammad (saw) was distracted by a pattern and got rid of it. I asked my daughters if they thought they looked like pizzas and they said it just looks like a pattern. Ok, fine then, pizza is my favourite food, so for sure I would notice the similarity right away. After this we broke our fast, well they did on our way home. At home I managed to squeeze in some Quran reading but it was less than a juz.  On the minus side I still gave no charity and called no family members. I should have gave money to the guy at the mosque. Insha Allah today will be better.

2 comments:

  1. Assalamu Alaikum,

    haha you always notice shapes in the prayer mats.. like how that one had an animal looking one on it... like an owl I think you said? or a giraffe? I forget which but since you've told me that I cannot pray on that prayer mat without getting distracted lol so i dont use it anymore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa Alaikum Salaam

    I just knew you were going to say that so I left it out,lol. Yeah it was a giraffe.

    ReplyDelete