Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Canadian Muslim Fashion Stores

Besides Shukr there are a few other muslim stores online in Canada. I don't shop from them because they rarely to never are baby friendly. But those of you who are interested I thought I would post them. In Quebec there is n-ti who also have a real store and in Ontario there is anja. Anja does have one nursing abaya here. Both of these companies have shown their wares at RIS. A third online store is CanadianMuslim. I'm not so impressed with the 3rd one, the clothes are too tight and the website really needs to be cleaned up. There are 2 others that I know of but they haven't updated their websites in years although they are still in business. If you know of any others, please share the links here.

4 comments:

  1. n-ti has responded to an email of mine and promised they will be bringing out nursing friendly clothes for their spring-summer line. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, finding Muslim nursing-friendly clothes has always been a problem for me. I always end up tearing the top of my abaya so that I can breastfeed easily. You'd think we'd be more progressive with this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh tearing off the top...not so good..try al-muljababa..its in the states though. I have no idea why they are mostly designed without these features considering that women spend half thier lives as mothers! Are the designers all men? women who bottle feed? what could it be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out the shukr blog (look for the link on the left of this page). They are blogging about maternity and nursing items. I like that cocoon shirt but I wonder why it won't be offered in Canada.

    ReplyDelete