Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Go to cookbooks.

What are your go to cookbooks? After years I've realized that I keep using the same ones over and over again. Besides the Malay one I mentioned before and Top Secret Recipes I really love cookbooks by Margo Oliver. As a child she used to have a series in the Weekend magazine that used to come with our newspaper. My mother used to make her New Brunswick bread recipe which was like smelling heaven when you opened the door after coming home from school. Another great cookbook author is Jean Pare and her series Company's Coming. She has a new cookbook just out called Inviting Asian Flavours which features Malaysia and Vietnam among other countries. Both of these women are Canadian which is kind of rare in the cookbook world.MARGO OLIVER'S WEEKEND MAGAZINE MENU COOKBOOK

1 comment:

  1. Assalamu Alaikum,
    I have been a collector of old cookbooks for many years now. I am always on the look out at rummage sales or second hand stores for those wonderful cookbooks from the 40's. Such homey recipes for many things, anything from baked goods to old fashioned roasts.
    Elysia

    ReplyDelete