Monday, September 13, 2010

Eid Day 1

On Eid day we all showered or bathed and got dressed in our matching baju melayu and baju kurung outfits. Then we headed to the mosque and did a few takbeers on the way. The khutbah was about unity,dawah and about how things like the Quran burning (which never happened) are all by the will of Allah. After that we all ate sweets and sandwiches etc downstairs and the kids got goody bags. On the way back dh said what are we going to do now and I said well we could go to the malay open house and didn't you get the email? Apparently he didn't and I just assumed he did and didn't want to go. So on the spur of the moment we went but only after washing the carseat and clothes that ds5 barfed on, on the way to the mosque. Yuck! At the open house in GTA there were a ton of Malaysian students; more than us old fogies, ahem. You could barely walk around or find a place to sit. My daughter (dd1) and my granddaughter met us there as they live nearby. My friend specially made bandung for my daughter (dd4) who requested it. The kids got their green ang pows and were quite excited about that.

2 comments:

  1. I really loved how you wore matching outfits.. I don't think I could have ever gotten my husband to do that! What is bandung?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://myhouseholdcapers.blogspot.com/2009/02/recipe-refreshing-rose-syrup-and-milk.html

    ReplyDelete