Tuesday, September 28, 2010

C-c-c-cold at Canada's Wonderland!

After 19 yrs I finally went back to Canada's Wonderland. Why so long? Well its a case of so many kids, so little money. But they have specials at the end of the season so we went. And now I know why! Although I was just swimming a couple of days ago when we got to Vaughn there was a bit of a chill in the air in the morning but it was still nice. I saw people wearing winter clothes and I wondered why. Well I soon found out; the north wind and rain started and by the afternoon I was so cold even wearing jilbab (summer cotton though) and I ended up with a headache. So did dh. The kids sure had fun though and they were just fine even though underdressed for the weather. Dd4 discovered that she loves roller coasters (kiddy ones) and thought it was hilarious that I didn't. And its probably the reason I ended up with a stomach ache which later at night led to vomiting. Oh joy! But I still had a good time earlier on and was glad that ds1 and dd1 along with their spouses and daughter showed up to join us. Things have really changed there; its bigger, they have new rides, they have security (metal detectors and picture id), an outdoor eating tent, people taking your pictures for a charge not to mention cameras taking your pictures on different rides for the low, low price of $12 a pose.  I had so many thoughts and emotions when I was there. The last time I had come there I wasn't muslim and I just had ds1 and dd1 with me. I hardly saw any muslims either there but this time there was a lot. The last time I was there I was wearing a t-shirt and a pair of MC Hammer pants and this time hijab and jilbab! The last time I was a single mother of 2 and this time a married mother of 10. Sadly dd2 couldn't make it though because she was working so I only had 9 of my kids with me. The last time I went it was smack dab in the middle of summer so I was not c-c-c-cold and never got sick. Do I want to be my old self that I re-discovered when I went back there? No, I'm happy to be muslim and married. I'm happy to be me. Alhumdullilah.

9 comments:

  1. yay Alhumdulillah we had lots of fun can't wait til next year when we do it all again. and hopefully the weather will be better and you won't get sick inshaAllah <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you went. :) hope you dont get sick though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamu 'alaykum:

    Wow, 19 years is a long time! Canada's Wonderland is expensive though and I think after you've been there a two or three times you don't really want to go again.

    I liked the roller coaster rides years ago when I last visited. Not sure I can handle them anymore though. The water park area looked like so much fun, but I've never seen Muslims there (not sure wbout the clothing policy).

    Have you ever heard about the Muslim Family Day at Canada's Wonderland? It's held every summer for the past few years. Never been though so I don't know what's like. http://www.muslimday.info/

    Hope you're better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wa Alaikum Salaam

    Constructive Attitude insha Allah I won't get sick again.

    Saara yeah I went 3 times 19 yrs ago so I think it was enough for me. I'm not really into rides at all. But its fun for the kids. I did know about Muslim Day but it was expensive then. But there's a trick..if you buy a season pass now for next year then its a lot cheaper. The water park wasn't there when I went the first time. I didn't have a chance to look at it this time either as I was stuck in kiddie ville. It was closed anyway because of the weather (dh checked).

    Oh yeah I'm better now. As soon as I vomited I felt better. It always seems to be like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the kiddies has a great time! Too bad about the nausea. Canada's Wonderland is one of my favourite places on Earth. I love thrill rides.

    I haven't been in a couple of years either though due to pregnancy/itty bity baby.

    Did you check out the musallah? It's near Thunder Mountain in a games area. They have a women and men's section and wudhu area. In the very hot summer it's the coldest, air conditioned place in the park!

    Thanks for leading me to your blog -- I'm thoroughly enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asalaamu Alaikum

    I had no idea there was a musallah. I thought there was only a prayer area on Muslim Day. I wish we would have known. I will look out for it next year insha Allah.

    Glad you are enjoying my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a better late than never comment,lol

    ReplyDelete