Saturday, September 4, 2010

Ramadan Day 23

Yesterday I spent the morning chatting to dd1 and she sent me a lot of cool islamic links of videos that made me cry. I also chatted with ds1 and we all tried to find a solution to our Eid dilemma. Dd1 is going to celebrate eid on Friday the 10th; her mosque has announced it! As for us we will have to wait for the moon sighting and our eid COULD be on the 10th or the 11th. Ds1 wants to have Eid on the 11th no matter what because that way he will have time to cook. However so far his wife doesn't have that day off and niether does dd1's husband. What a mess! Then I went shopping for some ingredients to make iftar tonight for our family and our neighbour. I made the chicken casserole which I invented and can be found on our cooking blog. I called up my friend to ask her to bring back my dish that I had given to her with the dessert I made and she told me that she had brought it to the mosque twice but forgot to give it to me. Then my neighbour called and asked for her dish back! Well the reason I still had it was because I had to fill it first. (Arabs think this is weird so it gets quite awkward). So I made two casseroles and while I was doing that ds1 and his wife showed up. While cooking we discussed the Eid problem again but still came to no solution. Ds stayed for iftar and almost everyone loved my food. Alhumdulilah. Ds4 told me that it was better than dh's cooking, rofl. Dh pretended to be offended. I dropped off the casserole at iftar to my neighbours and she said I shouldn't have and I said no problem. I think it is really fun to send stuff back and forth! After magrhib I read the Quran to the kids and in the night miraculously I woke up for tahajjud alhumdullilah. Day 23 was a very good day. How was your day 23?

2 comments:

  1. Assalamu 'alaykum:

    It has been a while since I last visited your blog. I am just reading yuor post since Ramadan started and am enjoying how you relate what Ameena did to what you are doing!

    It's interesting but in the Caribbean where I grew up some people also believe that you should return a dish with something in it and not empty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa Alaikum Salaam

    That's cool, then they wouldn't think I was strange at all. :)

    ReplyDelete